Sunday, April 22, 2007

Monarch Lifecycle: Colored Pencil on Bristol Board


This is my final project. The assignment was to be creative, while using techniques learned throughout the course. I decided to use the colored pencils after enjoying my sphinx moth illustration so much. The concept for this illustration was to represent the various stages of a monarch butterfly on a milkweed plant, something Meagan and I get to observe in our garden each summer. The caterpillars were especially fun to illustrate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan- your illustrations are amazing! It definitely makes me want to take the class. I've been interested in photographing insects as well as nature pictures. I was wondering if you had any experience with that. I plan on investing in a digital SLR camera and lenses. Talk to you in class. Tiff